Sunday, December 18, 2011

King of Kings

Friday night we went to the Portland Ensign Choir concert. When they sang Handel's Hallelujah Chorus and, as tradition dictates, we all stood to honor the "King of Kings", my thoughts took me back to the Presbyterian Church in Lonoke, Arkansas. Singing Christmas carols in that sanctuary is such an important part of my childhood Christmas memories. Silent Night, Away in a Manager, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Joy to the World, Oh Come All Ye Faithful, Oh Little Town of Bethlehem......candles, children dressed to enact the Christmas story, garlands......so many sweet memories as we honored the baby born in Bethlehem. What an amazing miracle that the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords was born 'away in a manager, no crib for his bed!"

How thankful I am for Him and for the sweet assurance that although He is truly the King of Kings, he is also the Good Shepherd who knows and loves me. My testimony of Jesus started as I spent time each Sunday of my childhood and teen years looking at this stained glass window depicting the Good Shepherd.
Come adore on bended knee, Christ the Lord, the newborn King!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Fun new memories that meld perfectly with your wonderful childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete