Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Birthday - The Good and the Bad

First the good - I had a lovely lunch with friends at Skamania Lodge complete with this yummy dessert.
Well one bad part of this - instead of a chocolate cookie underneath, it is an oatmeal raisin.  Don't you think that is one of the biggest disappointments of life?  You are totally expecting a sweet chocolate chip and discover a sticky raisin!  It wasn't too bad this time because I could disguise the taste of the raisin with ice cream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

More good stuff - George got me the camera I have been drooling about for months!  I think he got tired of looking at it every time we went to Costco or the mall! A wonderful gift from my sweetheart!  I'm so excited about it!
Really only one bad thing - On my very birthday I got a letter with these ads:
Yep, I am being invited to try state-of-the art hearing aids!  How depressing is that?  Probably even more depressing that sometimes I think I need them!


No comments:

Post a Comment