Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Past

I was feeling a bit nostalgic for Christmas past so I looked through the couple of albums I have here with me in Oregon and found a few Christmas shots that I love and that make me smile!

Says something about me that the first Christmas picture I saw that touched my heart was of our beloved Cirera.  Christmas in Barcelona!
 Then there is this one of our dog Arthur, my Daddy and Santa.  This was taken when Arthur spent a year with Moma and Daddy in Arkansas while we lived in an apartment in California.  Arthur adored my Daddy!
In the living room of my Aunt Mary's house - that is Aunt Mary, my mother, Aunt Maudie Moore, and Robin Moore.  
Oh how i wish this one were clearer!  That is Ross Moore, Robin Moore, Leigh Anne Cummings, Tracy Creech holding Amanda Cummings, with Alan Creech in front with the dog (but that can't be a real dog in Aunt Mary's house)  Then there is Kellie Walker, Kerrie Walker in my lap, me, George with the beard, and the little football player in the front is Chuck Cummings.
This must be Christmas 1979 in our house in Loveland. Colorado. Interesting hair style for me!
And 1981 with the addition of Matt.  Not many things cuter than kids in footie jammies!!
A couple of years later....  Notice that Matt isn't in Santa's lap.  Mary was never scared of Santa or Darth Vader or anyone in costume.  Not so for my boys! 
And now 1984, we add a 2 month old Johnny who was NOT happy to be in Santa's lap at all!
This picture includes our whole family.  Dad got to play Santa at the mall for a soccer fundraiser.  Neither Scott nor Johnny figured it out but as Johnny walked away he said, "That Santa tickles just like Dad."
I just love this one....Scott doesn't look too thrilled at whatever he has just opened!  And the matching pjs are just too cute!  
I've been thinking about the words to "I'll be Home for Christmas".  Love the phrase, 'where the love light gleams'. I'm glad I've had a life full of Christmas 'love light'!

No comments:

Post a Comment