Thursday, November 30, 2023

God Bless America

When I was in 4th grade our class presented a patriotic program with skits and songs. Wearing a shirt with silver stars attached, I was one of the narrators. I remember that Betsy Ross's story and the 1st Thanksgiving were depicted in the show. We were proud of our country and proud to be Americans.

I was thrilled when I learned that Isabella's 2nd grade class would also be presenting a patriotic program. 

First we all stood to sing the Star Spangled Banner.  Truthfully it made me a bit teary to see a gym full of people, many of whom had their hands on their hearts, singing loudly.


I enjoyed listening to Isabella and the other 2nd graders singing the songs about our country that I sang as a child and still love.

God Bless America
You're A Grand Old Flag
This Land Is Your Land
My Country Tis of Thee

Isabella had a speaking part representing the Coast Guard.
She did a great job.
I was delighted to see the enthusiasm as they sang.
And glad she was on the back row so 'orange hat guy' didn't block her!
Afterwards we took a few photos.
Isabella and her best friend Madison.
Proud Grandma and Grandpa enjoying Pepper Ridge Elementary.
So happy we live close and can share these fun school moments.

 












No comments:

Post a Comment