Tuesday, January 9, 2024

January Happenings

 Putting all the Christmas decorations out in December is a LOT more fun than taking them all down in January.  Even though I have donated some decorations, I still have a ridiculous amount.  I can't blame it totally on my mother and her love for Christmas. I definitely take some of the credit or blame depending on how you look at it.  It have 33 boxes of decorations.  And I love every single one of them.
When they were all put away I relaxed with a delicious original Dr. Pepper that John and Monica gave me, put my feet up and enjoyed a bit of TV!
Almost every week since November of 2022, I've gone to the Family Search Center to work on scanning our 30 boxes of slides.  It has been a slow and frustrating process.  If the scanner is cooperating (and it hardly ever is) scanning 50 slides takes a bit more than 2 1/2 hours. The carousels average about 120 photos each.  For most of the year they have had 2 scanners so that made it faster.  

The center director was reluctant to tell me that they were getting a new super fast and efficient scanner.  I am just glad they got it before I was finished. 
It scans a slide every 4 seconds and is super easy to operate. 
That's 900 in a hour...well that isn't exactly right because it takes time to put them in and take them out of the carousel....but even 500 an hour is an amazing improvement!

Finishing my last 8 boxes will be a snap!
Pretty impressive huh?
The forecast keeps calling for snow.
And we have gotten a bit.
Saturday night we had several inches and the sun was shining bright on Sunday morning.
And the sky was so blue.
It was magical with the snow sparkling in the sun.
I love it and as always my mantra is
LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!






No comments:

Post a Comment