Sunday, February 15, 2009

15 New Family Members






George's youngest sister, Tammy got married in January. She went into the Salt Lake Temple a single woman and came out with, not only a husband, but 7 children, two son-in-laws, one daughter- in- law, and 4 (soon to be 5) grandsons!  How's that for instant family! So that means I now have a new brother in law, lots of nieces & nephews and even "great nephews".  Hey that means I am a "Great Aunt" as opposed to just a great aunt like I've always been!  Just kidding!
We always knew that they were lucky to add Tammy to their family but now that we know all of them, we know we are lucky to be adding them to ours.
Here is Tammy's new family!  All 15 of them!!!   

One of our church leaders said "We come to this earth charged with a mission: to learn to love and serve one another. To best help us accomplish this, God has placed us in families, for he knows that is where we can best learn to overcome selfishness and pride and to sacrifice for others and to make happiness and helpfulness and humility and love the very essence of our character." (Elder Groberg)

I'm so grateful for my family, the one I was born into, the one I married into and the one we created.  I'm grateful for all 15 new additions to the people I call my family!

3 comments:

  1. I think this is one of the greatest family pictures I've ever seen. I love the young man on the left throwing his head back in laughter, love the sweet girl next to him leaning in, love the tender moment of the young father looking into the face of his baby, and love love love the two little boys with their arms around each other front and center. The photographer who captured this should get a medal. Lucky bride!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Tammy! What a beautiful family!!!
    I'm glad you started a blog. It will be great to keep up with you and all the fun you have.-Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture!! I am so excited for Tammy and her new family. I'm glad you started a blog, I have been thinking about it since Jan started hers...

    ReplyDelete