Tuesday, April 7, 2015

#19 Has Stolen Our Hearts!

It is difficult for me to believe that we have had 19 foster dogs from Guide Dogs for the Blind in our home . I have loved every one of them but #19 is special!  Vashon, #19, is just waiting to be matched with a blind person.  Her house manners are impeccable!  She is easy to walk, full of love and always willing to play.  George says that she is a perfect dog!  I think one reason he likes her so much is that she is the first of our dogs to prefer him to me!  She likes me but she LOVES him!

And she loves her bones in all their varieties!  Last week she even snitched a bone from Guide Dogs.  I walked out to the car to take her home and she had a bone in her mouth.  It has become a favorite.  I hope her kleptomaniac tendencies won't cause her to be career changed!  Is she now on the path to a life of crime????
 I recently learned that an empty water or pop bottle is her absolute favorite!  She thinks they are the best! Squishy, squeaky and the right size to fit in her mouth and carry around!
Vashon also discovered that George's I-pad pillow is perfect for catching a little nap!
But the best place of all for a nap is on top of the clothes I lay out to wear the next day!  Jeans? No problem.  The white shirt? Well I am glad I have a lint roller and believe that 'no outfit is complete without dog hair."
We will miss her when she leaves us!

No comments:

Post a Comment