Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cancer Anniversary

Two years ago today I was diagnosed with Medullary Thyroid Cancer.  So far I've been lucky that   regularly scheduled blood draws and neck ultrasounds are the only impact on my life.  I feel absolutely fine.  Let's just hope this continues for many, many more years!

I don't remember anyone ever telling me to check my neck area for lumps.   Two and a half years ago, while talking to someone about their thyroid issues, I just happened to touch my neck and discover a funny little bump right in the center.  That led to an early diagnosis and a much better prognosis.  So check your neck!

More importantly April 23 is the day of the wonderful St. Jordi's festival in Barcelona.....I blogged about it way back in 2009.   http://bondia2000.blogspot.com/2009/04/happy-st-jordis-day.html.

Today the streets of Barcelona are lined with stands selling books
And flowers.
And Las Ramblas, the famous pedestrian street of Barcelona looks like this!
Oh how I wish I were there to celebrate once more - the day of the book and the rose!






2 comments: