Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tower of Babel at 6:10 a.m.

Our class discussion early this morning was a learning experience for me.  We read  Genesis 11:1-9 about the Tower of Babel and then had a great discussion using hashtags and tweets!

A few of my favorite thoughts and hashtags:
  • #badbabelboys
  • instagram account for Babel @Nimrod_noGod
  • #yodudedenytruthblameothers (yo dude, deny truth, blame others)
  • #spreading sin
  • #followtheprophet
  • Principle we learned from this story - 'If we defy God, we lose his protection'.
  • In talking about the phrase in verse 6 "nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do" one boy said, "This shows the power of unity.  When we are united we can accomplish anything.  Too bad the people of Babel were united in doing something BAD."
  • #temporalfameisnoteternal
  • I love how they all got the idea that we can't make our own way to Heaven.  We have to rely on God and the atonement.  We can not escape from the consequences of sin without Jesus Christ.
I love these kids and all I learn from them! I am so blessed to start my day with them studying the Old Testament!


No comments:

Post a Comment