Friday, October 9, 2015

General Conference

Twice each year members of the LDS church have the privilege of 'watching' church on TV or the computer as we participate in our semi-annual "General Conference".  Listening to counsel from our church leaders is a great privilege!

Conference is broadcast to congregations all over the world from the "Conference Center" in Salt Lake City.  Built between 1996 and 2000,  twenty one thousand people can be seated in the large auditorium.  That is three times more than can be squeezed into the Tabernacle on Temple Square  In fact the whole tabernacle could fit within the Conference Center's rostrum area!
Although it is enormous, sitting there and listening to the music provided by the Tabernacle Choir and the words of wisdom from our church leaders feels like being wrapped in a warm blanket of love.
 
This year I enjoyed attending the Saturday afternoon session with my sister-in-law Katherine.  I felt incredibly blessed to be there!
Here are a few of my favorite thoughts from the 12 hours of talks.  Don't worry!  One session is not 12 hours long!  Each session is 2 hours long; starting with a special women's session, 4 general sessions and one Priesthood session for the men and boys ages 12 and older.






















As I look over these memes my heart swells with joy at the blessings I receive through the gospel.  I am reminded of a favorite song that the children of our church sing with gusto.

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I know who I am.
I know God's plan.
I'll follow him in faith.
I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ.
I'll honor his name.
I'll do what is right;
I'll follow his light.
His truth I will proclaim.


No comments:

Post a Comment