Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Feeling the Love

In our church when talking about our responsibilities to others, we often use the phrase, "to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort".  This is a lovely concept but today I experienced the flip side of this sentiment as a group of my friends 'rejoiced with one who was rejoicing' as they gave me a 'Grandma shower'.  I was completely surprised and totally thrilled.  I definitely felt the love.

Take a look at these thoughtful gifts....

Collage picture frame because 'one picture is not enough', a Grandma's brag book, and a clever photo holder for popping in some snapshots!
This is my 'book club' group so there were lots of books.  I can hardly wait to read them to little Isabella!  Such fun interactive books!  She and I will have such a great time snuggled in a rocking chair as I pass on my love of reading to her! 
Knowing how I love dogs, they gave me a doggie puzzle, stuffed dog with both a super soft side and a silky side and another great book with dog photos!
Some 'fruit snacks' for hiding in Grandma's purse! What little one doesn't like fruit snacks??
An all natural teether and really great 'rinse and roll' bib!
And of course some adorable little girl clothes...an outfit, fanciful socks, the sweetest pink hat and some stylish boots! She is going to be a little fashionista!!!
They even found 'new grandma' cards!
I am so blessed to call these wonderful ladies my friends!  They are fun to be around, very intelligent and well spoken, beautiful, talented, clever.... and full of love for everyone.  Today I got to experience some of that love.  My 'Grandma Shower' just made my day!







No comments:

Post a Comment