Monday, July 7, 2014

Kenya Again

I just got back from a three and a half weeks in Kenya with my dear friends who run "Kenya Keys."  An experience in rural Africa is unlike any other!  I find it almost impossible to put into words what I saw and felt.  This photo sums it all up for me.
The extreme poverty.  People living in much the same manner they did a hundred years ago; mud huts with no running water or electricity.  This beautiful little girl gazing cautiously at the first white people she has ever seen.  I wonder what kind of life she'll have.  Will she get an education?  Or will she be married at a young age and become just another illiterate woman?  I am hopeful for her and that is why I support Kenya Keys.


In this little corner of the vast continent of Africa they are making a difference and giving many an education - a weapon for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment