Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lucky #13

Yesterday we got our 13th foster dog from Guide Dogs for the Blind.  With a nod to my 38% Irish DNA, this big boy is named Seamus!  75 pounds and not at all fat.  He's just very tall!  Of course we already love him.
He has completed his training and is just hanging out with us until they match him with just the right visually impaired person.  When he has a match, I'll take him back for a few days for a 'guide dog refresher course' and then he'll spend a couple of weeks learning to work with his new lifetime companion!

Every time I say the name Seamus I have the urge to plan a trip to Ireland.  As Sir Ernest Shackleton's wife said, "blessed or cursed by the wander fire"! I'm not sure if this love of travel is a curse or a blessing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment