Sunday, April 11, 2010

Me? A techie nerd?

Matt and Scott have been saying that I am turning into a 'techie nerd' because of these recent additions to my life!

George surprised me with this:

George has had one for a few years and we've used it on trips. I admit that I used to laugh at him for using it! In these first months that he has been living in Portland he says that he has used it a lot and that it has made life so much easier. I thought I'd just borrow his when I moved over there but he decided that he needed his so he bought one for me! I think it is really fun and I know it will make my move so much easier.

Then I bought this for my walking/jogging interval training. Matt told me that he and Scott had a bet that I wouldn't be able to figure out how to use it. But I showed them! I don't know how to do everything it can do but I have a good start.


So am I turning into a nerd? Before you answer, let me tell you that I am giving serious thought to buying an I-pad!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love your Garmin. You'll have to let me know how you like it. You probably don't need to work out much...just carrying around that huge diamond ring should be exercise enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my Garmin! I love playing with all the functions on it. And even in Salt Lake I use my nav system all the time. I like it most on long trips. The count down to miles and time to my destination is fun for me and seems to make the trip go faster. So happy there are gadgets to make life fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have I been? You are moving to Portland for sure? When?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see that you need directions to get out of the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete