Sunday, September 19, 2010

Voodoo Doughnuts

Have you heard of Voodoo Doughnuts? It's been featured on several TV food shows so we decided to have breakfast there on Saturday morning. The line went down the street and part way around the block....we waited for almost an hour before we even got in.

Can you tell how excited Scott was to wait??
The inside is pretty crazy looking!
And the doughnuts are even crazier! If I said the name of this one to my mother she'd wash my mouth out with soap! It has peanut butter and chocolate chips and Oreos and it is glazed and large!
This is their signature doughnut...the Voodoo Doughnut! It is filled with raspberry jelly and is pierced with a pretzel.

And how about this little sugar buster....glazed and then topped with fruit loops and Capt. Crunch???
Right across the street is my favorite Portland sign!

I think Voodoo Doughnuts fits right in!


3 comments:

  1. That looks FUN! Was it worth the wait. Next time I'm in Portland I want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, I still like the cookies from Gateway the best! And I gained 1.8 pounds yesterday!!!! I hope I lost it today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Way! Those donuts look amazing!! Love that sign...haha. Looks like they chose the best place for the out-of-this-world donut shop. :)

    ReplyDelete