Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I was so lucky to have such a wonderful mother.  She has been gone for 4 years now and I still think of things I wish I could share with her.  My Daddy's sister, Mary and my mother were close friends for about 65 years.  She was like a second mother to me in so many ways. How I wish I could fly down to Little Rock, walk down the stairs at the airport and find my mother standing there waiting for me and Aunt Mary sitting out in the car ready to drive us home, with a stop at the White Pig Inn if I wanted!!!

My recent cancer diagnosis has made me think about these two women a lot!  Do I really believe all I have been taught about "Families are Forever"?  Do I have a testimony of the Plan of Salvation?  Am I sure that they will be waiting for me when I do pass through to the other side?  As I have searched my soul these past weeks I have realized that I can firmly answer yes to all these questions.

I don't think that I am about to die but someday when I do, I am sure that Momma and Aunt Mary will be right there waiting for me with my Daddy and my Grandmas and the two grandpas I never met and my aunts and uncles and cousins.  And the reunion will be joyous!

'Families are Forever' is not just a clever phrase to cross-stitch on a plaque!  It is a divine truth!


1 comment: