Wednesday, December 30, 2015

#24 Yep I'm crazy!

Do you ever do something and realize that you are a little bit crazy?  I had one of those experiences yesterday.

I am totally enjoying my two weeks off from teaching early morning seminary but I have long lists of things I want to get done.  Top of my list yesterday was to put away all the Christmas decorations and get my house back to normal.  In the morning I got a call from Guide Dogs for the Blind asking if I wanted to take a foster dog for a few days.  We haven't had a dog in months so I was really excited about this!  I made arrangements to drive out and pick him up in the afternoon early enough that I wouldn't get caught in the crazy Portland traffic on my drive back.  Time came for me to leave to get him and I was still right in the middle of putting things away.  My house was a disaster area!  I thought, "Oh I can't go get him.  My house is too messy." I felt myself getting all anxious and was racing around to finish. 

Then it hit me....the dog doesn't care if my house looks like this. What's he going to do?  Report me?? I'm acting crazy!
I left immediately and we now have Foster Guide Dog #24 - a very large and very relaxed lab/golden cross named Burke who didn't complain even once about the boxes.  He'll be matched with a blind person on Monday so we only get to enjoy him for a few days.  I'm adding dog snuggle time and several walks a day to my 'to do list' and it feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment