Friday, January 22, 2016

Movies






We have seen four movies over the last months.  While they were completely different types of movies,  I enjoyed them and would recommend them all.

First was "The Martian".  I didn't think I'd like this movie but since Matt and Scott were visiting  and they wanted to see it, I went along.  It is a fantastic movie.   Matt Damon is outstanding.  I did decide that if I am ever stranded on Mars, I want George along.  I'm a scientific dummy!
Next was the long awaited "Star Wars - The Force Awakens".  Unfortunately in a 'completely unrelated to the movie' article, I had read a comment that spoiled the big shocking event.   I sat there for the entire movie thinking ,"That can't happen. It can't. It won't" but it DID!  Still was so fun to see old movie star friends from years ago when we, and they, were young.  The plot is basically the same as the first movie but it made for an entertaining evening and a bit of nostalgia!  Oh, and it is worth paying more to see in 3D!
 
George and I have seen all "The Hunger Games" movies so we had to see the last one.  Good movie and fitting ending to the series.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 - Jocurile foamei: Revolta ...
A total change of pace was "Bridge of Spies" with the always wonderful Tom Hanks. Mark Rylance, who plays the spy, is a great actor too, plus I have always loved Alan Alda.  Fantastic acting all around and a very interesting true story! We both loved it.



Bridge of Spies" movie poster. Image: DreamWorks
Unusual for me, I've seen two of the Oscar Nominees for Best Picture!  Now I want to see "Brooklyn" and I will have seen all 3 non-R rated nominees!

No comments:

Post a Comment