Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Snorkeling in the Galapagos Islands

I'm not a very strong swimmer so snorkeling has always made me nervous....that is until we bought these handy little snorkeling vests!  They give me just enough float to make me feel confident and now I love it!
The colorful fish in the Galapagos Islands were beautiful!
I was swimming into a cove all alone thinking that there wasn't much to see in this area when I came face to face with a shark.  In my mind he was nose to nose with me but in reality he was probably about 4 feet away directly in front of me.  Total shock!  There were actually two 6 footers in the cove where we were snorkeling.  They went into a cave and our guide went in to try and get them to come out.  I wasn't sure if I really wanted him to aggravate a shark who was hiding in a cave.  No worries though!  He came out and posed for some photos and went back in!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment