Sunday, February 12, 2017

Snorkeling

We did do some snorkeling this year.  I've always liked the idea of snorkeling but because I am not a super strong swimmer, I was always nervous.  Last year I ordered snorkeling vests and wow, what a difference they make.  Now I love it and find it completely relaxing!
I admit that I was a bit nervous when we read this sign as we were about to go into the water. 
I am happy to report that we didn't see a single shark.  The reef shark I saw in the Galapagos Islands was the last shark I ever hope to see while swimming. 
I fear that snorkeling in Galapagos spoiled us but we did see some pretty fish here too....just not as many.  
The coral formed canyons.  It was tricky to swim through the deep areas avoiding the shallow water over the coral.  The snorkel vests are especially helpful managing this. 
  A fun part of our vacation! 


No comments:

Post a Comment