Saturday, July 6, 2019

Celebrating the 4th!


We started our day with a short hike in the Boise foothills to 'elephant rock'. 
Grandma and Isabella made it to the top of the rock, which is not as easy as it might look because it was slippery.
 A bit further up the trail and we got a great view of the city of Boise.
 Now to cool off, we explored the Cottonwood Creek trail 
 Guess who REALLY loved the creek!
 She is a water child, just like her Daddy was.
 I am quite confident that she would have gotten all the way in, if we had let her. 
Then it was back home for dinner preparations. Isabella helped Grandpa decorate a 4th of July cake.
Some of the berries actually made it onto the cake!
They were pretty proud of their creation.
Bella helped me to set the table.  I never figured out why Grandpa got 2 glasses but she was insistent.
 A typical American 4th of July meal with hot dogs, baked beans, cole slaw and my mother's potato salad.  Yummy! 
Now for some fun on the driveway....
 Bubbles were a big hit! 
We also got to enjoy the neighbor's fireworks.
 And some chalk art....
 Grandma was given very specific instructions to what she should write - Violet, Dash, Mr. Incredible, Elastagirl, Helen, and Jack-jack.  Yes she has become obsessed with the Incredibles 2.  I need to watch it. She wants me to be Elastagirl and she is Violet.  I'm not sure exactly what I am supposed to do except that she calls me and I'm to say, "I'm in."
 Ended this perfect day with fireworks at Ann Morrison park. 
 Magical for this little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment