Monday, May 25, 2020

Memories on Memorial Day

After seeing the photos from John and Monica's recent hike at Box Canyon State Park, George and I decided to check it out.  We were glad we did.
The canyon is beautiful and the hike just strenuous enough to be fun!  It was quite a climb down but well worth the effort.
There is a lot of water coming down that box canyon.  Underground springs???  I'm not sure.
At the bottom was a delightful swimming spot.  Notice the people are social distancing Idaho style! I'd like to come back in the summer with John's family and swim.
We made a big loop and actually hiked up a road to get back to the top.  It wasn't quite as pretty as the hike down but was a lot easier and a lot less crowded!

I needed a water and peanut M&Ms break before the climb!
The road goes to the right with one switchback and then a long climb to the top.
George and I did amazingly well!  I think we could have made it to the top without even stopping!  But we did stop for a couple of photos!
It was a perfect day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment