Thursday, April 21, 2022

Easter

 George and I started our Easter season by visiting the Living Christ which was a community celebration of Holy Week, Easter, Passover, and the atonement and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  First we got to see a rare authorized copy of Michelangelo's masterpiece, Pietá.  There are only 4 of these replicas in the world.

In addition there were live depictions of da Vinci's masterpiece, The Last Supper, and two other paintings of the Savior's life and resurrection, with narration and live actors. 

Also a model depicting blood on the doorposts for the first passover of the ancient Israelites. 
The event helped us to focus on Jesus as we celebrated Easter Week.

A couple of years ago a young man in our ward spoke at Easter and mentioned that he didn't understand why we decorated so much for Christmas with nativity scenes but didn't do much religious decorating for Easter.  That sentiment touched me and since then I have concentrated on having more decoration focused on Jesus and not just lots of bunnies!  Although I do still decorate with bunnies.  That's just a fun part of Easter that I can't completely give up.

Easter Creche 
Crosses from Iceland and Armenia and another that I just liked (thanks Amazon)
'He is Risen' plaque
Emmanuel Candle Wreath with one of the names of the Savior at the base of each candle.

I plan to add more each year...and yes I am going to collect crosses even though it isn't normally a part of my faith tradition.  

Since I didn't get home from my trip to Utah until 1:00 a.m. on Easter Sunday, George and Matt helped me by dying eggs and adding Ukrainian egg wraps to some.  Plus they peeled and dyed eggs to make our deviled eggs look especially festive. 

I love how my table looked.

And I love the faces around the table!

Happy Easter
Feliz Pascua
                               




 


No comments:

Post a Comment