Wednesday, September 7, 2022

The Fun Never Stopped

 Mary called me on Tuesday the 23rd and surprised me with the news that I needed to pick Jackson and her up at the airport on Friday!  We were all so excited!  

And the fun truly never stopped!

From walks around Lexington Hills

Complete with a piggy back ride from Uncle Matt
and a cooperative frog in the lilly pad pond!
To parks and splash pads



We even went to Chuck E Cheese. Ah the memories of birthday parties when our kids were little.  Fun to share it with these cute grandkids!
These two cousins got along so well!

Jackson also got to fish for a few minutes with Uncle Matt. 
And we went swimming at John and Monica's pool.


I had never been to Jump Time before and everyone loved it.

I unfortunately experienced the perfect illustration of Proverbs 16:18 
'Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.'

I was feeling pretty spry for a 69 year old and had asked John to video me.  After a few moments of glory, I lost my balance and took a tumble, bowing my back in a way that was not natural.  It was a blessing that I wasn't badly hurt.  So much for being a cool grandma!

And to work on not being prideful, I'll share this capture from the video.  Makes you want to say, OUCH, doesn't it??

Lots of memories were made!
I sure love this family of mine!















No comments:

Post a Comment