Saturday, September 7, 2024

Frozen - Broadway Comes to Boise

Months ago we bought tickets so that Isabella and I could go see 'Frozen' as a part of the 'Broadway Comes to Boise' series.  A couple of weeks ago, John told me that she didn't really want to go because she wasn't 'into' Frozen any more.  I reassured her that this was not like the Disney movie or like some of the plays we've seen produced by local children's theatre groups.  This was like something you would see on stage in New York or London.  That seemed to have convinced her to go. And it was 'simply magical'!

Monica and John got her a very fancy dress for the occasion.  I think she looked adorable.


I love that they gave a special welcome to those who were seeing their very first Broadway production.
The voices and choreography were outstanding!
 The set design was clever and so beautiful!
It even 'snowed' on the stage.
So many mesmerizing scenes.  Our favorite was the 'Let It Go' scene just before intermission.
My two favorite characters were Olaf, the magical snowman and Sven, the reindeer. The actor who brings Sven to life every night makes you forget that there is a person inside that costume - a very strong and very flexible person!  I still don't understand exactly how he does it.
Isabella had a great time and now thinks she would like to go and see 'Wicked' in the spring.
Another memory making 'Grandma and Isabella date'.
Notice how tall she is.  It seems possible that she will pass Grandma before she turns 10 in 2025.
The play was the Saturday after the 1st week of school so on the way to the theatre, I asked Isabella to rate her first week of school on a scale of 1-10.  Without hesitation she replied, "A 10".  After the play when I asked her the same question about Frozen her comment was, "7".  I don't think that is because the play wasn't wonderful. Just an honest assessment that she LOVES school!
Way to go Mrs. Bergman!









No comments:

Post a Comment