Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Theme 2015

For the last few years, especially since George's totally unexpected layoff from HP, I've had as my motto

Come what may and love it!

The sentiments in these simple words have served me well as our life took this unplanned detour.  And I have actually really loved these last four years living in a little apartment in Lake Oswego, Oregon even with my cancer diagnosis.

During our last trip Michael Wilcox, the educator who traveled with us, gave a wonderful talk on discipleship. He admonished us to be less concerned about being RIGHT and more concerned about being GOOD!  I love that.  Fits well with the lessons I have been giving in seminary about being a disciple of Jesus Christ.

While discussing 1 Peter 3:10
For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
Michael coined this little phrase:

Love life and see good days!!!

A perfect motto or theme for the next few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment