Monday, August 10, 2015

FC Barcelona vs. Man U

Game day!  The traffic getting into the stadium was dense but thanks to George's brilliance, we were at a hotel that was walking distance so we avoided all the car traffic and just walked on over!
Two of the most famous stars playing that day were Wayne Rooney for Man U.
And Luis Suarez for Barcelona!  I admit that I had my doubts about Suarez.  If you don't remember, he was the one who bit someone while playing in the World Cup and was banned from all soccer for several months.  When Barça signed him, I was not sure I'd like seeing him in one of our jerseys.  But he had a phenomenal year.  Scored lots of goals and behaved himself!  Not only did he score a lot, he worked hard and had many assists.  I'm impressed with him.  Plus, yesterday he was the only player who signed lots and lots of jerseys as he left the field after the practice.  He was a fantastic signing for our club!  The attacking 'trident' of Messi, Suarez and Neymar is one of the best ever!
My view as the teams came on the field.....
Here come the teams led by captains Andres Iniesta and Wayne Rooney.
The looks on these little boys is priceless!  I think they should have cute old grandma ladies walk out with them!  I'm volunteering! The tall guy is Gerard Pique whose girlfriend is the singer Shakira.  The other player is Sergio Busquets.  Both fantastic players!
Although the game ended with this score.....
It was still a fantastic afternoon.









No comments:

Post a Comment