Sunday, August 2, 2015

Southern Food

One of the fun part of my trip to the South Carolina with Mary was eating some of the southern food that I love.

Yes, we tried boiled peanuts!  I'd never had them before and they are really good!  The barbecue here was South Carolina style which means it was peppery and vinegary.  Different but I liked it!  Can't top the White Pig Inn in North Little Rock, Arkansas but it was good!  Going in Cooper's Country Store was like walking back in time!  And the hams smelled delicious!  I didn't try the hog head or the pig's feet though!
 Gotta love the south where macaroni and cheese counts as a vegetable!
Real fried chicken and biscuits almost as good as my Grandma used to make!
Shrimp and fried grit cakes!  My first time to try this but I'll definitely have it again when I can.
And one of my very favorites - Hush Puppies!  Delicious little balls of fried corn meal batter.  A taste of home!
I didn't get a picture of my grilled pimiento cheese sandwich with bacon and tomato.  But trust me it was heavenly!

And yes, I have been dieting since I got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment