Saturday, September 12, 2009

All Dogs Go to Heaven!

That's right isn't it? All dogs do go to heaven. When I made the previous post I knew that our dog was old, what I didn't know was that she was sick. On Monday the 7th she collapsed a couple of times while I was out to lunch so Matt & George took her to the emergency vet hospital where they did several tests. On Wednesday, while I was on my way to Salt Lake to be with Johnny for his kidney stone procedure, they told us that she had Pulmonary Fibrosis, which has no treatment. She was struggling to breath even while they were giving her oxygen so we made the decision to let her go peacefully. It was a 'tender mercy' for me that George & Matt could be with her. I appreciate their willingness to do something so hard. So many times in life the right thing is the hardest thing. We have all cried as we try to adjust to a dog-less house. I know it will get easier.

Cirera was a wonderful dog and has been a real part of our family for the last 12 1/2 years. She has given us her absolute devotion and she has been truly loved by all six members of the Lewis family.

Cirera de Espinavesa
Born: September 11, 1996 in Cazanelles, Girona, Spain
Died: September 10, 2009 in Boise, Idaho

6 comments:

  1. I feel for you. There is nothng like losing a dog. I still miss our Pup. I liked reading your psot about Cirera

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. It doesn't seem like she could be that old... has that many years really flown by. You have had a tough year! Tyler and I went and did my dad's temple work the other day before he moved away... You probably wonder what connection that has, but because my dad was such an animal lover (I've always thought of him each time the drawing of the horses comes up at the temple) and it is so sad to loose a loved dog, or horse, or even a cat... (besides our parents!!) I've often wondered if our animals will choose to live with us in the next life. Love you! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sad! When my Mom told me this story it made me very sad for you. We pet people know how hard it is to let those family members go. They are definitely more than just animals! I hope you're doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about this, Marilyn. I know that these little guys are truly parts of our families hearts. Hope all yours heal soon. I'm sure you're going to miss her for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marilyn,

    My mom just had to have her cat put to sleep. It wasn't 12 yrs of companionship as you enjoyed, but still a tender time for her. We have lost so many pets in the years past. This last time, we once again wondered as we often have if we would have a chance to see all our pets again? And, if they could communicate with us, what that might be like. I'm sure our pets would tell us how much they loved us and appreciated all they did for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I hope you find peace and joy quickly. Love, Dorothea

    ReplyDelete