Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Do we look like shady characters?

Last week when I was in Salt Lake, Johnny and I went to visit our friends who have just moved into an apartment in downtown Salt Lake. It just so happens that they live in the building where the President of our church, Thomas S. Monson lives. Since Jan had to deliver some invitations on his floor, we went with her. She pointed out his door and in true tourist fashion, I took a picture. It is the one at the end of the hall.

After that we went down to the parking garage on our way to join Rod for dinner at the Lion House. On the way she pointed out President Monson's private garage place and where his elevator might be located. Then we went through the tunnel to the church's parking garage below temple square and the church office building. As soon as we walked into that area a security guard approached us and 'very politely' asked us what our special interest in the garage might be. I'm sure their security cameras had caught us up on the floor where the prophet lives and then caught us checking out all his private areas in the parking garage so we must have looked suspicious. Jan had to give him her name and apartment number. I don't know if they checked her out more. I blame the whole thing on Johnny's unshaven look...Jan & I certainly don't look suspicious do we? I know if Rod had been with us in his white shirt and tie we would have been beyond reproach!

3 comments:

  1. You sure know how to have adventures! Even taking a picture of an innocent door turns into something exciting.... :) So sorry to have missed lunch with everyone yesterday. I finally get to talk with you in person and I miss it. Let's plan another day!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still blushing! They have not kicked us out yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time you come lets do SPA DAY, Spoken Word, Church and lunch here on Sunday! When can you come?

    ReplyDelete