Sunday, February 14, 2010

Year of the Tiger

I decorated my table in honor of Chinese New Year.

And thought I'd share a few of my favorite pictures from our 2008 trip to China.

The Great Wall of China

Love on the Yangtze

Panda at the zoo in Chongqing

Rickshaw ride on the city wall at Xian

With Jan and Janice by the Pagoda at Shibaozhai

Cute little salesman guy at the Three Gorges Dam Museum. I bought two of his dragons and was later told they are made out of cigarette papers! Oh well, they are cute. You can see them on my table in the first picture.

This enterprising fellow was walking around our hotel in the morning. I asked (in sign language of course) if I could take his picture with his "future lunch" and he rubbed his fingers together in the universal sign of "Sure just give me some money first." So I gave him a dollar and took his picture. My sister-in-law Katherine was with me and wanted to take his picture too....guess what! Two pictures meant two dollars.

Family and Friends on the Li River
George's brother John, his wife Katherine, George's sister Tammy, our niece Jennifer, Marilyn and George on the Li River Cruise.
Wonderful memories!

2 comments:

  1. 你好!Wonderful post! I want more China pictures!! Looks like a great trip. What do you say we all go back together? Happy Chinese New Year! 新年快乐!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved our China trip! So fun to travel with you and George! It was fun to look at the pictures and remember the great times! I am looking forward to spending time with you in April!

    ReplyDelete