Sunday, October 16, 2011

5Ks

The year I turned 55 I decided to run a 5K. I have never liked to run. I hated it in PE and have never been able to understand how anyone could enjoy running. But that year I just felt like I wanted to do something to prove to myself that I wasn't all THAT old so I trained and participated in a rainy Women's Fitness Celebration in Boise. I actually enjoyed it very much! Each year since I've set a goal to run three. This year George ran them with me.

We did the Lake Run right across from our apartment here in Lake Oswego.

Then we ran in the Mt. Tabor Doggie challenge. That one was particularly fun since people run with their dogs. You keep on your toes avoiding the dogs and leashes!
Yesterday we ran the Blue Lake Run and we both got awards! George's recent loss of 20+ pounds has turned him into a 'lean, mean machine'!


Although I got better times with each race, I still didn't accomplish my 'time' goal. That is because I have been pretty casual in my training. I remember talking to someone once about the promise in the Word of Wisdom that you will "run and not be weary, and walk and not faint." Her comment was that if you don't run you will be weary! I can testify that is true. Like most things in life, dedication and hard work pay off! So here's to more diligent training over the winter and improved times next spring and summer!

I stole this off a friend's blog as it applies so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment