Sunday, October 9, 2011

Delicious sensations!

From the book, "The Postmistress"

"She had the delicious sensation of returning to a place she had once loved but forgotten, like a room in childhood."

I just made my first trip back to Lonoke since my mother died two and a half years ago. I really worried about how I would handle being there in that little town that I love without my mother and my Aunt Mary. As it turns out it was a wonderful time! I was reminded that I still have family that loves me and that I love. I still have friends that I have known all my life and we still care about each other and enjoy each other's company. Most of all I was overwhelmed with a thankfulness for having grown up in this town.
My childhood and teen years in Lonoke could be summed up in the town logo. Truly growing up in Lonoke was 'life as it should be."

1 comment: