Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Amigas in Espana!

For most of the 5 years we lived in Spain, I led the music in Primary. Keep in mind that I don't sing or speak Spanish very well so the fact that I could do this successfully was a modern day miracle. I truly loved all those sweet little children. One especially memorable family was the Abellans. Their Primary age children all had Bible place names....there was Betania, Galilea, Canaan, Israel, Judea, Nain and Nazaret. I sometimes was lucky and one or more little girl came to sit with us during sacrament meeting. Now thanks to Facebook, I'm friends again with those girls, now beautiful young women! Judea leaves Barcelona in January to serve a mission on Temple Square in Salt Lake City. I hope to give grown up Judea a hug next summer!

Here is a recent picture of the family, minus Betania, who is as married mother of three living in France and brothers Israel and Patricio. Aren't they beautiful young women? Their Mom and Dad must be so proud of them. I smile every time I think of the strong women they have become!
One Sunday years ago the little girls excitedly gave me a gift. The swan statue is hollow and inside was a note where they had written all the English words they knew. I was so touched then and I still feel warm memories of Sabadell Ward, and especially the Abellan family every time I look at it.
Christmas makes me feel nostalgic for Barcelona. Those five years changed the lives of the Lewis Family forever!


2 comments: