Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day #17 - Wanderfire - Falkland Islands

Sir Ernest Shackleton's wife once said of her husband that he was 'blessed or cursed with the wander fire'. I sometimes wonder if my 'wander fire' is a blessing or a curse! But I do love our travel adventures!

Never in a million years did I think I'd one day go hiking on the Falkland Islands.
Along with John and Katherine and our new friends Chuck and Nancy, we decided to forgo one of the planned excursions and just asked some of the locals for advice as to how to spend the day. A short taxi ride took us to 'Gypsy Cove" and we spent the rest of the day hiking back along the beautiful bay!
There were interesting birds....


And even a few penguins!
Some shipwrecks......
And the brightly colored roofs of Stanley.....
George and I couldn't resist a little fun with the street signs!

Lovely day in Stanley, Falkland Islands!

No comments:

Post a Comment