Sunday, July 29, 2012

Kitchen Fun

The reason I went to Girl's Camp was to help in the kitchen.  Two of my friends assured me that it was fun.  I believed them since they had been kitchen helpers the last 3 years.....and they were right, it was great fun!

A favorite breakfast was the morning we served scones, blueberry scones, apple/cinnamon scones, chocolate scones, raspberry scones and my personal favorite - brown sugar scones!  Yummy! Chris is busy getting them ready.
Two ladies were in charge of all the special meals for the gluten free, dairy free, vegetarians, and other allergies.  They had to be super careful to keep these girls healthy and they did a wonderful job!
 I don't know how many pounds of strawberries and melons we prepared but I do know that it was a whole lot.
And yes there were mountains of dishes to wash after every meal and every snack!  We couldn't have done it without our dishwashers!  And notice the smiles!


These two are a large part of the reason it was a fun week.  They were the 'kitchen bosses'.  Trust me this is a HUGE job....planning menus, ordering food, scheduling to be sure everything was done at the assigned time!  And they did it all cheerfully and with enthusiasm all the while rocking out to great music.  We started early and went late but I'd gladly do it again next year!

1 comment:

  1. FUN! I would love to go to girls camp again even as a cook.

    ReplyDelete