Monday, July 30, 2012

Puppy Fun Days



Every summer 'Guide Dogs for the Blind' honors the puppy raisers with a big carnival like celebration.  This year the theme was "Hollywoof"!  Each department had a movie theme.  The Kennel Staff was very clever with "The Wizard of Oz".  Watch out for the flying monkeys!
The Vet clinic theme was "Dogwarts".
 Can you find Luna Lovegood, Hermione, Dumbledore, Professor Sprout, and Professor Umbridge?
The puppy raisers and puppies toured the vet clinic and learned a bit more about keeping their puppies healthy.  Then they could complete a quiz to be entered in prize drawings or try for more prizes in a game called 'Surgeon Quidditch'!
Clifford, the big red dog, was a willing participant in a demonstration of the way the dogs are x-rayed.
But of course the stars of the show were the puppies, many of them dressed in adorable costumes! I wish I had gotten a photo of one cute little puppy in her bows and tutu!  If you want to a reason to smile 
At the end of the day, 17 little 2 month old cuties were given to their lucky puppy raisers.  As I've said
before there is nothing as cute as a puppy!
 I really had fun with my Luna Lovegood costume.  I could be spacey and people thought it was just a part of my act!

2 comments: