Sunday, July 14, 2013

Done!

I am so happy to report that all the photos in the box from my mother's house that I showed in my last post are now in albums, labeled and dated! It took me two weeks instead of one but it is finished!  Yippee!
Now a word of advice for anyone with photos not labeled and dated.....
LABEL AND DATE them! 
You think you'll always remember where you were and who you were with and the date but trust me you won't.  This is especially important with older photos.  I realized that my children don't know all my relatives and certainly couldn't recognize pictures of them when they were children.  So if I don't label who is in these photos, when I am gone, no one will know!  I am the link that makes these photos a valuable part of family history!

And I also have to confess that I have trouble being absolutely sure which of my newborn babies is which!  I often had to rely on the pattern of the couch or the wallpaper or my hair style to know for sure! Those four Lewis babies were definitely cut from the same mold!

1 comment:

  1. I bet that feels nice to have that all done! What a job. I try to remember to date & label All the our pictures because you are right about that.

    ReplyDelete