Monday, August 19, 2013

How soon can I travel?

Ok, so I had an appendectomy on August 8 but that didn't stop me from going to Vancouver, British Columbia with this handsome guy
To hear a Loreena McKennitt concert!
Her music is hard to define; sort of new age, Irish with a middle eastern flavor.  Very beautiful!  We totally enjoyed the concert and the whole trip. Perfect hotel, delicious food and Vancouver is a great city!
A short hike took us to this very, very long suspension bridge.  It was so long that there was quite a bit of sway.  I forgot that you use your stomach muscles to keep your balance.  That was the only part of the trip where I was reminded that I did have surgery a few days before.
Interesting 'cliff walk path' that didn't make George too nervous!
I think the first thoughts I had after surgery were "How long until I can travel?"  The doctor did nix the kayaking trip for 2 days after surgery but he said ok for Vancouver. I decided on my own that Education Week would be too much for me.  Today when classes started at BYU, I felt sad. I probably could have gone but I guess I do need to take it semi easy for awhile.  George says that I am back to my normal fast walking so I am on the mend!  

And I am not planning on anymore surgery for a a LONG TIME!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment