Saturday, March 15, 2014

A visit from Johnny

Ok, I am the only person in the world who still calls him Johnny but I just can't help it!  True that he is a tall, handsome adult but to me he will always be 'Johnny', that cute little curly headed guy playing Ghostbusters and zipping around on his bike!

I love when our children come to visit. When they leave, the house seems pretty lonely.  The 10 days he was here were filled with fun!

George and John enjoyed a loud but really entertaining evening with"Blue Man Group"
John and I went to the zoo to check out the baby lion cubs.  They delight in teasing their father, who seemed less than amused with the antics of his off-spring!
We ate way too much at our favorite Indian Restaurant.  Buffets are not good for those of us on diets! Johnny is definitely NOT on a diet!
Johnny was the tour director for a day driving the 'Fruit Loop', which is a route through the orchards near Hood River, Oregon.  Unfortunately at this time of the year, it looked like this
but in a few weeks when all these trees are in bloom it will be spectacular.  George and I definitely plan to make the trip again this spring.

I particularly 'enjoyed' this sign at the rest stop since I could relate to the woman in the picture!!
Pinto is a good traveler as long as he has someplace to rest his head.
For Pinto John's visit meant another person to love!
Now John starts his next adventure in the "Paris of South America" - Buenos Aires!  I am so excited for him.







No comments:

Post a Comment