Thursday, February 20, 2014

#11 Pinto

On Wednesdays I volunteer at Guide Dogs for the blind.  I spend the morning helping out in the vet clinic and the afternoon walking dogs.  When I arrived yesterday with Lila I was met by the sad news that Lila would be leaving us.  They want her in a 'working foster home'.  At these homes, located close to the campus, the dogs are picked up everyday and taken to Gresham or Portland to 'work'.  Lila needs to keep up with her training so that she can soon be matched with a visually impaired person.  I understand that but I really felt sad.  George and I both had fallen in love with her spunky, enthusiastic personality.

I must have looked sad because one of the kennel techs asked me if I wanted to take another dog home right then.  Of course the only answer was yes!

So meet Pinto!  Guide dog #11. Our 3rd retired guide and our 2nd black lab.
At ten and a half years old he is definitely an older dog but a very active one!  He fits in well here with us….I like to think that we are also active senior citizens.  Like me, he is always ready to go!

Now when you hear the name "Pinto", you probably think of this….
Not me…I think of this……Jose Manuel Pinto…..
FC Barcelona's back up goalkeeper!  You know how some BYU fans say they 'bleed blue', well I bleed 'blue and red', the Barça colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment