Monday, May 8, 2017

Another Missionary Story

Another of my seminary kids is serving a mission in Poland. After spending her first 7 months in Warsaw she was transferred to Gdansk which is located way up on the Baltic.  Perfect to spend the summer in this fairytale like city!  Missionaries are assigned to different cities by the Mission President who has been called to preside over the mission.   They might stay in a city for only a few weeks or up to many months.  The president prayerfully decides where each missionary should serve.    Each missionary is also assigned a companion with whom they spend every minute of every day.  The companions are also assigned and changed by the mission president. Talia is now training a new missionary fresh from the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah where she will have spent the last 8 weeks studying Polish before flying off to serve her mission. 

I love this story from Talia's recent transfer.




 Here is Talia's story in her own words. She entitled it, "Smile More" and Sara Bareilles"


I was feelin' the stress of traveling to a new city with 6 pieces of luggage and training. I was sitting on the train and reading a language book and just couldn't seem to shake these nervous/stressy feelings. So, I said a prayer. I needed to know God new about the feelings I was having and that He was there for me. And you want to know what happened within the next 5 minutes? I looked over to the man across the aisle on the train from me. In that moment, he took off his sweatshirt and his t shirt read, "Relax, smile more"....and then seconds after that, his ringtone went off...it was "Brave" by Sara Bareilles. Now, they may have seemed like little things to everyone else...but those were little, simple ( and even cheesy!) reminders that God is aware of us and our needs and that He listens & answers our prayers. 

I love this work.  I love Gdansk.  I love my district. I love the members.  I (am learning to) love Polish.  I love my little companion. I love this gospel and I love you!
And I love Talia!  Her last name is Beem and she is truly 'beaming' in every one of her mission pictures.  Talia is the happy girl in the maroon shirt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment