Sunday, May 7, 2017

Perks of Having Been A Seminary Teacher

I loved the years I spent teaching seminary.  It's just icing on the cake to receive invitations to weddings of my former students!  Plus Mondays have become my favorite day of the week because that is the day I get emails from my missionary students.
Here I am with sweet Abby and her brand new husband Ethan!  I was lucky to have been Abby's teacher for several years.  Watching her grow into this beautiful young woman has been a pleasure.  I hope this young man knows how lucky he is! 
Thought I'd share this fun story from another sweetheart student who is serving a mission in California. 

In Ally's own words:

We're knocking on doors and a man answers and says, "What are you selling?"
Us: We aren't selling anything sir, we are the sister missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."
Him: "Oh, the Mormons...nope I'm good"
Us:  "Well is there anything we can do for you today?"
Him: "You can get me a Big Mac, fries and a coke from McDonalds"
Us:  (awkward laughs and slight confusion) We wish we had one to give you but unfortunately we are fresh out."
Him: (awkwardly laughs back) "It's ok.  You ladies have a great day!"
Door shuts
The next day
Me to my companions:"I really feel like we should go get that man a Big Mac.
My companions: "You are so weird"
Me: "Seriously"
Them: "Alright" so we get in the car go to McDonalds and order a Big Mac combo with a coke and drive to the man's house.  Knock on door... and he answers
Him: "Weren't you here yesterday?"
Us: Yes we were but we brought you a Big Mac this time."
Him: "That was a joke."
Us: "We know but we wanted to spread some joy and hopefully this time share a message"
Him: "You really do know how to brighten a day."
We go inside and share a first lesson...he is now a new investigator!

Isn't that a great story?
That's my fun Ally in the middle in the red shirt!  Way to spread the gospel...one Big Mac at a time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment