Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Bags Packed - Ready to Go

Kenya Here We Come!!!
This is my 3rd trip to Taru, Kenya so I am one of the experienced travelers of our group of interns!  Having been before is both good and bad....good because I know what to expect and bad because I know what to expect!  I know the joys we will be experiencing as we see the influence of education on our wonderful sponsored students. I'll laugh and dance and try to wiggle my shoulders and hips like they do. I'll hug children and rejoice seeing the wonderful things our students have accomplished. That is the fun part.  I also know about the negatives - the food, the lack of electricity and plumbing, the horror of the poverty.  Obviously since I'm enduring all that plus the 19 hours in airplanes, the good outweighs the bad and I am thrilled to have this opportunity again.

So let's get the show on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment