Monday, June 5, 2017

Humboldt Bay Kayaking

Gray skies and cool temps didn't keep us from having a great afternoon kayaking on Humboldt Bay.  As much as I don't like boats on the ocean, I do love a marina!  They are just so picturesque!  Most of these boats are commercial fishing boats.  I never knew that a good fisherman can make $300,000 in a year!  I still don't think that is the job for me.

My favorite part of the kayaking was in the marshy canals where we enjoyed seeing a large egret rookery. 
 Lots of beautiful snow white egrets flew above us with sticks clearly visible in their mouths as they made their way to the big trees where nests were being built.  Here you can see two egrets and a blue heron.  A birders paradise for sure!
I love using a double kayak.  I know I spend a lot of time taking pictures while letting George use his muscles to keep us going.  He doesn't seem to mind. 
Life is such a fun adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment