Sunday, October 29, 2017

Chinese Food


 I have to admit that I am a big fan of Chinese food at Panda Express...so very Americanized Chinese food.  During our day in the water village I enjoyed several tastes of 'real authentic' Chinese food and mostly enjoyed it. I didn't try the crab on a stick...
The duck on a stick was also a hard NO....why do Chinese like putting things on a stick???? 
But I really did enjoy the bean paste wrapped in bamboo leaves and steamed...
The sweet and sour barbecued pork was good too...also wrapped in bamboo leaves. 
Wrapping in bamboo leaves seems to be the norm...they also had lots of yummy things with various kinds of beans that are green.  Not the traditional green beans we think of.  They were more like a green kidney bean.  They had several varieties of spices and I liked them all. 
Our cute guide named Bright didn't know an English name for these.  They were some sort of vegetable that tasted a bit like water chestnuts.  She called it 'water fruit'. 
Bright was a fun guide.  She is expecting her first baby in a couple of months.  We enjoyed our day with her even when she sang several Beijing opera songs to us.....Chinese opera is a definite unique sound and an acquired taste in music I think.  George noted that when she started singing, our driver put in earphones.  I guess he hasn't acquired the taste yet! 



No comments:

Post a Comment