Saturday, July 14, 2018

Car Dreaming

When you have a son who works at a car dealership I guess it is normal to do a little 'window shopping' and 'car dreaming'.  We spent a fun hour at Petersons on our recent trip to Boise.
Here I am with my dream Honda CRV.  My choice is influenced by the fact that Matt is still driving a CRV that has 240,000+ miles on it.  If I get a new one, it will probably be the last car I ever need to buy! 
Matt dreams of this tough truck which would be perfect for his woodworking business and his snowboarding adventures.  It's a Chevy Colorado, fully loaded. 
And all three of my 'boys' are drooling over this Cadillac CT6 which is self driving.   
I reluctantly rode along when they took the CT6 on a test drive.  It is just weird to be zipping along on the interstate with the driver's hands not on the steering wheel.  There is a safety feature that detects if you don't have your eyes on the road so you do have to pay attention.  That makes me feel somewhat safer!  I still can't imagine the day when everyone has a self driving car.  Makes me think of the Jetsons!!!  Of course their cars also flew and I think we are a long way away from that.  But who knows!




No comments:

Post a Comment