Monday, September 10, 2018

Happy Birthday Mama!

My mother was born on September 10, 1920.  Today is her 98th birthday.

I find it difficult to believe that she has been gone for 9 1/2 years. I miss her everyday.   Today I decided to share something I found in her papers.  It is a tribute from the leaders of her church congregation when she 'retired' as church treasurer.

 I don't know how many years she served in that capacity but I would guess that is was close to 20 years.  I do know how much she worried about the church finances.  Every year she would be sure that this would be the year that the church would not be able to meet its financial obligations yet every year, miraculously, something happened - a big donation usually- and things worked out.  Her faith, and mine were strengthened.

My Patriarchal Blessing says that I have inherited many family characteristics that have been beneficial to me in my life and will continue to be so.  I hope that her desire to serve her church family is one that I've inherited. She certainly set a great example for me.

 I am sure that she is continuing to serve in heaven and has heard,  as we all hope to,  the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

No comments:

Post a Comment