Monday, October 1, 2018

Why I Love Cruises

Anyone who knows me knows that I love traveling!  I love everything about it - the hotels, the new cities, the people I meet.  However I will have to admit that after about a week of living out of a suitcase  (which means that I am constantly looking for something) I'm always super excited to get on a cruise ship and unpack.

So Reason #1 that I love cruises is unpacking, even if the room is super small.  For us the measure of 'small' will forever be, "Well it is larger than the compartment on the Silk Road Train." 
Reason #2 - Sunset photography
Reason #3 - On-board shopping 
Reason #4 - Porthole views 
Reason #5 - Friends like Chuck and Nancy Harrington and John and Katherine
Reason #6 - Barbecues on deck on a beautiful sunny day! 
Reason #7 - Our wonderful waitress 
 Oksana  
We loved her so much that we would race to dinner to be sure and be at her table! 
Reason #8 - Also a careful captain who got us out of the storm on the lake as quickly as he could;  a very competent hotel manager who kept things running smoothly; and a really fun tour director 
Reason #10 - A concert pianist who delighted us with Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninoff music - perfect for cruising along the Volga in Russia!
Reason #9 A Russian professor who taught us Russian history as well as current affairs. 
 #11 - Russian costume night - a chance to be a princess for the evening!  Or I should say a Tsarina!
#12 - All the behind the scenes people who manage the small details like getting all this luggage to the right cabins and then to the right buses! 
Looking back on my list of things I enjoy - this quote seems appropriate! 





No comments:

Post a Comment