Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Happy in Eagle, Idaho!

It's the people I miss most when I think about Portland.  And it is the people that have made me happy here in Eagle!   Yes, life is all about PEOPLE!

I miss my walking buddies from Portland and I miss Scott.  It was fun to have him drop in occasionally for a meal or soccer game.  He was also an indispensable help with getting the truck loaded for our move here.  We literally couldn't have done it without him. I hope he knows how much we appreciated his muscles!

Yes I miss Portland but being here means that we get to spend time with Matt, Johnny, Monica and Isabella.

Matt has been a huge help during our move.  I don't have any pictures of him moving boxes or helping me break down those boxes for recycling or hauling things out to the curbside.  I couldn't have gotten things organized without his help.

 Maybe this photo will give you some idea of the number of boxes we have gone through. There are boxes that hold broken down boxes and all the complete boxes you see are stuffed with packing paper.  I can not believe how much packing paper was used on our move.  The professional movers who packed the kitchen items for storage used a single piece of paper for each plate and glass.  That is a lot of paper. 
I wish I had taken a photo of the garage when it was stacked with full boxes.  We had boxes brought from Portland and boxes that had been stored for 8 years.  The amount of STUFF we have accumulated during the last 43 years is staggering!  6 full car loads have been donated to Deseret Industries and we still have so much.  I have instituted a rule for myself, for every one thing I buy, I must get rid of 3 things.  That might help.

Life in these 3 weeks that we've been here hasn't all been unpacking though.

John's family went to our Ward Fall Festival where a very happy Isabella got to experience her first horse ride. 
We enjoyed a fun night at a pumpkin patch which included a train ride! 
We celebrated John and Monica's birthday.  Yes, they were born on the same day! 
And got to celebrate Isabella's birthday twice....once at our house . 
And a 2nd celebration at her house!
She is warming up to us!  George got to be her patient as she played with her new doctor kit. 
We got to go to the Boise Zoo Halloween event with a cute little tiger! 
And we watched her on her favorite - the Carousel! 
And can I just add that my Christmas cactus is wildly happy in all this Boise sunshine!  I've had it in my Lake Oswego apartment for probably 5 years and after 3 weeks in Eagle, it is blooming like crazy! There is a lesson to be learned, "Bloom where you are planted."


No comments:

Post a Comment